Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! HUGE amounts of appreciation from me to YOU! The Chris Davis blog will be an "interesting" assortment of features... everything from personal growth principles and practices to just plain silliness! (All shot with some really lousy video work :-) Feel free to check back often as we are constantly adding new material.
I guess we can all SKIP THESE.
Here are six diet tips that experts say you can IGNORE . . .
1. Fat makes you fat. There's actually GOOD fat that you need,
and it keeps you slim. It's in foods like nuts, salmon, and avocados.
2. Eat as few calories as possible. Cutting down on calories
throws your body into "starvation mode". Then your metabolism
slows down. Doctors say that if you cut out just 500 calories a day, and exercise, you'll drop one pound a week.
3. Eat small, frequent meals to rev up your metabolism.
Actually, studies show that eating frequently might cause you to eat
MORE. And waiting hours between meals DOESN'T slow down your metabolism.
4. Swear off "forbidden" foods. You might think that when you're dieting you can never have pizza, French fries, or sweets. But the key is to eat them in moderation, so you prevent binges, which are worse.
5. Avoid fruits and nuts. People think nuts are high in calories and fruits are full of sugar. But studies found that people who eat nuts are smaller. And obviously the sugar in fruit is the best kind . . . it's natural and unprocessed.
6. Eat raw foods. The idea is that you burn more calories EATING
raw food then they contain. But experts say it's a myth, and eating raw food can actually SLOW your metabolism . . .or even break down muscle, in some cases.