Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! HUGE amounts of appreciation from me to YOU! The Chris Davis blog will be an "interesting" assortment of features... everything from personal growth principles and practices to just plain silliness! (All shot with some really lousy video work :-) Feel free to check back often as we are constantly adding new material.
Researchers at the London School of Economics asked people to keep track of what MOOD they were in, using a smartphone app. Here are the 10 activities that improve your mood the MOST:
1. Having SEX . . . it supposedly improves your mood by 14.2%.
2. Going to a concert, a play, or going dancing improves your mood by 9.3%.
3. Going to a museum: 8.8%.
4. Exercising: 8.1%.
5. Gardening: 7.8%.
6. Singing or doing some other kind of performing: 6.9%.
7. Talking with friends: 6.4%.
8. Being around nature: 6.3%.
9. Walking or hiking: 6.2%.
10. Hunting and fishing: 5.8%.
And here are the EIGHT things that RUIN your mood the most:
1. Being sick reduces your mood by 20.4%.
2. Working or studying makes you 5.4% less happy.
3. Taking care of someone who's sick: 4.3% less happy.
4. Waiting in line: 3.5%.
5. Doing paperwork: 2.5%.
6. Going to a meeting: 1.5%.
7. Commuting: 1.5%.
8. Doing housework: 0.7%.