This February, help us create a gallery featuring how
Tampa Bay Goes Red for American Heart Month.
This February, the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women
movement invites you to be a part of our Tampa Bay Go Red Gallery. We are
asking citizens across Tampa Bay to "Go Red" during American Heart Month
and post a photo on Facebook.com/AHATampaBay from Feb. 1 to Feb. 29.
We are hoping to gather at least 250 photos.
What does it mean to Go Red?
Going Red means spreading the message that
heart disease is the No.1 killer of women. By wearing red you are
championing your own health and those you love. Here are some ideas and
photo opportunities on how to Go Red for the gallery:
Ask your colleagues to participate in Wear Red Day, Feb. 3, by wearing
red and taking a group photo.
- Cook a heart-healthy family meal and take a photo of the spread.
- Make a card to share with five friends explaining you care about them
and want them to join you in the fight against heart disease. Then send
us a photo of your card.
- Dress up your dog in red and take them on a walk or to a local event.
When people stop to comment on your adorable canine, share the
message and take a photo of your pup.
- Be creative. We can't wait to see your additions to the gallery.
What is the Gallery?
- We will create a large mosaic from all the photos. Taking hundreds of
photos to create one large image and make a statement against
- We will use the gallery at Go Red For Women events including our Go
Red For Women Luncheon in May.
- We will create a short video highlighting how Tampa Bay Goes Red.